- Work with Me
The Color Purple…
Ok so this is one of my all time fave fruit smoothies. It is a gorgeous color and has the nutrients to knock it outta the park! I like to call it my “Green Smoothie” albeit the color purple. (I’m not sure this pic does it justice)
Why do I call it “green” you ask, well, due to the rather generous serving of Chlorella.
Chlorella is an amazing food and offers a bucket-load of benefits for the body. I use what is called “broken cell wall” Chlorella as it is better in its bioavailability.
Here are just a few reasons why Chlorella is one of my favorite foods:
* Chlorella is an awesome detoxifier of heavy metals like: mercury, lead, arsenic, and pesticides, insecticides, and uranium.
* Chlorella is an Immune Booster
* Chlorella is known to stimulate B & T Cell production!! (anti-tumor, anti-bacteria and anti-viral properties and effects.)
* A snap shot of Chlorella’s nutritional profile: vitamin A, C, E, beta carotene, chlorophyll and C.G.F, to name a few
* “Because of the size of chlorella and our red blood cell as well as the characteristics of chlorophyll and our hemoglobin presenting similarities, clinical observations have demonstrated chlorella to fortify the blood, giving it the name of “vegetal blood”.” ¹
* Chlorella can help clear up bad breath!
* Chlorella helps balance the body’s PH.
* Chlorella, through hundreds of clinical studies has helped treat the following ailments: Allergies, anemia, asthma, cold, cold sores, flu, bad breath, body odors, acne and skin problems, burns, wound healing, pyorrhea (bleeding of the gums and loose teeth), pneumonia, P.M.S, herpes simplex, stress, eczema, jet lag, fibrous cysts, depression, chronic fatigue syndrome and Epstein-Barr virus syndrome, mononucleosis, yeast Candida problems, seizures, hypoglycemia, hypertension, hormone imbalance, withdrawals from drug addiction, alcohol hangover prevention, detoxification, liver toxicity, bowel and colon toxicity, constipation, cholesterol, high blood pressure, atherosclerosis, pancreatitis, peptic ulcers, duodenal ulcers, gastritis (9), diabetes, heart disease, cancer, anti-viral, gout, arthritis, obesity, sciatica, sinusitis and nasal congestion, emphysema, AIDS, degenerative illnesses associated with aging, Alzheimer’s, attention deficit disorder, growth and development of children. ²
I’ll stop here… LOL. Totally Obvs this food is WONDER-FULL!
Ok now back to the “Color Purple”… So in this lusciously decadent, healing, mind expanding, whopper of a smoothie, we have some of the usual suspects:
1 Cup Wild Blueberries
2 Ripe Red Bananas
1 tsp Bee Mana
1 tsp bee pollen
1 TBL Coconut Oil – (helps slow down the sugar uptake)
1 TBL Acai Powder
2-3 TBL Chlorella Powder
3-4 Cups Spring Water
Blend until creamy and serve it up in your favorite glass, mug, mason jar, etc!
Having fruit first thing in the morning is a great way to nourish the Spleen and get your digestive fire started! This is how I change it up and make sure my body is running efficiently the rest of the day.
© 2012 Gabrielle Brick